Sunday, March 1, 2015

Waltzingmouse Stamps February Release, Day 2

Hello there!

Welcome back to Day 2 of the February Release at Waltzingmouse Stamps. This month, the Design Team is sharing inspiration and showcasing the sets that are NOW available for purchase in the WMS Store. We will conclude with our traditional blog hop on March 3rd, so I hope you will continue to visit to see what is new each day.

Today we are showcasing the Kaboom stamp set and Kaboom Die.

I can't see this set without immediately thinking of the vintage Batman comics:



Channeling my inner fangirl, here's what's up for today:


This card features all images and sentiments from Kaboom. I stamped and colored the words and word 'bubbles' and cut them out, adhering them with dimensional adhesive. One thing I really like about this set is that it can really go in any direction you'd like - just perfect for a younger boy but also perfectly fitting for a girl, an adult, or even your sweetie. I think this next card would make a great card for the superhero in your life.


I started by first die cutting a pinked circle from black cardstock.  Then I centered the Kaboom Die and die cut that from the circle. I trimmed a piece of cardstock big enough to fit in the die cut window and covered it with double sided tape (I used three strips of 1/2" Scor-Tape), then added a different color of glitter to each strip to create an ombre effect. I peeled the backing from one strip of tape at a time and added the glitter before moving to the next.

Then I adhered the Kaboom Die cut word in the center of the window. The die also cuts an outline for the word, and I just put that aside for this project. The additional sentiment is from the Kaboom stamp set and was heat embossed in gold. I think this would make a great Valentine's Day card for my superhero husband.

So that is it for me today, be sure to visit the rest of the Design Team, as well as Claire on the WMS Blog. Don't forget that the entire February release is available for purchase NOW in the Waltzingmouse Stamps Store!

Anya Schrier - you are here!

So glad you stopped by! See you tomorrow!


------------

Bam! Kaboom! Card
STAMPS: Kaboom - WMS
CARDSTOCK: Island Indigo - SU!; White, Black - SU!
PATTERNED PAPER: Rocket Age - October Afternoon
INK: Tuxedo Black Memento - Tsukineko
OTHER: Chevron Embossing Folder - Sizzix; Copic markers

Kaboom - You're the One! Card
STAMPS: Kaboom - WMS
CARDSTOCK: Steel Mill, Black - Wplus9
PATTERNED PAPER: Rocket Age - October Afternoon
INK: Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: Kaboom Die - WMS; Pinking Circles Die - Spellbinders; Garnet, Fire Opal, Citrine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Detail Gold Embossing Powder - Stewart Superior

6 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun cards with such quirky, fab new stamps and dies - you've really showcased them here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are adorable, I like anything super hero

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glittery stripes behind the Kaboom word! Will have to try that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute projects my Friends Daughter in law just made her baby room like your cards. thanks for sharing your amazing cards the colors are Beautiful. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fun cards! This set would be great for cards for boys for Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the fantastic inspiration Anya - love these cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!