Friday, January 17, 2014

Goodness and Mercy

TGIF people! I am glad the weekend is almost here, even if it will be a lot of errand-running.

Back again this Friday to share with you the new Viva la Verve sketch for this week's challenge.

This week is also one of the fun weeks where we combine the sketch with a twist - we have an inspiration photo to share today. You can combine the sketch and inspiration or do one or the other. Me, I love the extra little jump I get from mashing them both together.

Today's sketch is brought to you by Christyne Kane.



And my card for you today..


I loved the gray, black and purple color scheme in the photo, so that was where I started. The stars in the Bright Spirits set were the spitting image of that fancy coffee table in the inspiration picture, so I knew I wanted to incorporate them into my design. I colored them with Copic markers and cut them out, adding yellow rhinestones to their centers.

The sentiment is from Surely Goodness, and I just love the whimsy of the design.

So what will you do with this week's challenge? Is it going to be the straight sketch, or did one of the fun elements in the photo pique your interest? Whatever it is, I can't wait to see how you are inspired. Join us!


And don't forget that Verve is having a sale - 30% off all love themed sets!




---------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Bright Spirits, Surely Goodness - Verve Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Soft Stone - PTI; Basic Gray - SU!; Black - Wplus9
INK: Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: Modern Wallpaper Embossing Folder - ProvoCraft; Doily - Wilton; Rhinestones - Recollections; Copic Markers

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!