Friday, November 15, 2013

Give Thanks - November Viva La Verve!

Happy Friday!

Today I am happy to be hosting this week's Viva La Verve! sketch challenge!

Here is your sketch for this week:


This week also features an inspiration photo to help give your crafting a kick start. Here is the fun, fall photo I picked:



So beautiful! Here is the card that I made using the sketch and inspiration from the photo.


I loved all those dahlias in the rich fall colors, so you can see how those things made their way into my card. I used the Bloom & Grow stamp set from Verve to create my floral background panels. I used some generation stamping to get some different color variations. The sentiment is from the Bountiful Harvest set. I did a little masking to change the orientation of the sentiment so it would fit in my die-cut oval.

The VLV sketch challenge is hosted on the Verve forum over on the Splitcoaststampers site. I encourage you to head over there and check out the challenge rules and join us! You could win $100 in Verve goodies, and really, who can pass that up?

I also hope you'll stop in the forum to see the amazing samples that some of the other DT ladies created using this week's sketch. They did such a fabulous job!

I am also sharing a second card for this week's Festive Friday challenge (featuring some newly released stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps). I'll share more details here tomorrow.

Have a fabulous day!



------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Bloom & Grow, Bountiful Harvest - Verve Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal - Wplus9; Blush Blossom - SU!
INK: Rich Razzleberry, Really Rust, Blush Blossom - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink, Coffee Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Oval Die - Spellbinders; Baker's Twine - Target; buttons; sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!