Monday, April 15, 2013

Waltzingmouse April Release Day 1

Happy Monday!
Today we are kicking off Day 1 of the previews for the April Release at Waltzingmouse Stamps.

For the next three days we will be sharing previews of the three new sets that will be available for purchase on April 18. Today we're previewing a masculine set called My Kind of Guy.


A great little something to accompany a monetary graduation gift. I found this mustache mug in Target's Dollar Spot and knew it would go perfectly with this set.


My second card uses only stamps from the My Kind of Guy set, but with a decidedly feminine twist.


I started by masking off all but a strip of my card base. Then I stamped the dotted scallop border repeatedly, starting with pink and working my way through the rainbow.   Each line of the sentiment is a different stamp, combined to create a sweet little sentiment.  I added a few coordinating sequins to finish it off.


We will be sharing previews through Wednesday and the sets will be available for purchase on Thursday, so be sure to stop by tomorrow to see more of the April release. Here are the rest of the Design Team links for today. Enjoy!

Anya Schrier - you are here!

So glad you stopped by! Have a super day!


------------
Recipe
Mustache Mug & Tag
STAMPS: My Kind of Guy (available April 18) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Soft Suede - SU!; Manilla Tag - Stampers Anonymous
PATTERNED PAPER: For the Record - Echo Park Paper Co.
INK: Soft Suede - SU!; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko; Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Chevron Embossing Folder - Sizzix; Natural Button Twine - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Tiny Attacher - Tim Holtz

You Are So Very Kind Card
STAMPS: My Kind of Guy (available April 18) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal - Wplus9
INK: Colors - SU!; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: Sequins - Darice

30 comments:

  1. These are fantastic, love the colours on the card especially!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your feminine twist - it's sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anya, these are super, that 'tash mug is such fun!! Love the rainbow - I'm guessing you started stamping with the light colours first? lol, I would have started with dark and had to clean my stamp every time!! you are genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your rainbow card Anya! The scallop stamp is beautiful and the set is now firmly on my wish list for Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very cute! Always so hard to come up with something for the gentlemen in our lives.
    Mstgane
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that mug and tag Anya! and the colorful card is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK I know this set is for the guys but the rainbow of color makes this for EVERYBODY! WOW I am totally lovin all that color and the stamps perfectly lined up - more stampin envy here Anya! Jolly well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your rainbow border card. It's neat how you masked off an area rather than stamping the entire front.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Anya, I live that cute tag, and the colourful strips look so dainty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous projects Anya, I love the fun tag and pretty striped rainbow pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mustache mug and tag--how fun! Very pretty rainbow colors on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE that peanut set, sooo creative Anya (and makes me think of ole Mr. Peanut and his monocle ;)! The tag looks great with the little collage element and the date stamp. How cool to use the set for a feminine card! What beautiful banners you created, so perfectly stamped!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are wonderful! Love the guy tag you created for the mug of nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both fabulous...
    I love that mug of peanuts...
    how perfect with that tag!!
    And love the "girly" card using this set...
    the rainbow of colors...
    I never would have thought of it...
    and it is fabulous!
    That's why I visit you...
    to do my thinking for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sepia tones with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked the way you used this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Creative!! Love the mustache. the mug is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bwahaha...you are one smart peanut! What a fantastic idea, Anya. You have two very creative projects here! Thanks for all you do for WMS, and you are a constant source of inspiration for me! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the rainbow card...very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the fun tag and mug....ombre stamping is fabulous!! These sentiments are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great tag, and I love the rainbow colours on the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the 'English stiff upper lip' tag LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I especially love your rainbow effect card: so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness, I love those borders that you are showcasing! And the Jolly Well Done sentiment is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anya, too cute!! Just loving the man goodies you created!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A fab tag and a great colourful card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love, love your projects. The jolly tag is such fun and I love the card with the rainbow scallops! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love these! Wait... I don't think you caught the excitement in my voice. Ahem. I LOVE THESE!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Eeek! This is such an adorable guy set! LOVE what you've done with that mustache, and the stamped, rainbow banners are delish, Anya! Hey, and thank you so much for the sweet comment you left for me on the Wplus9 Design Blog! It means so much to me! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!