Thursday, March 7, 2013

Play Date Cafe Challenge #172

ETA: Hello, hello! This is my second post of the day. To see Day 3 of the upcoming Waltzingmouse Stamps release, scroll down or click here (you won't want to miss it!)

Good morning!

Its Thursday, so today I am sharing a new color challenge from the Play Date Cafe.

This week, we are using a bold and bright color combination. Look at this fabulous inspiration picture!


Here is the card that I made with this week's colors...hollyhock, spring bud, and azure.


I started by die cutting an oval from some printer paper, then laid it over my card front. I stamped the flower clusters over the mask in green ink. I stamped the same flowers again onto scrap cream cardstock in pink and blue and fussy cut a few of them to layer on my card.

I hope you will join us for this week's challenge! You can link up your creation over at The Play Date Cafe Blog. You have through Tuesday, March 12th to play along. While you're there, you can check out the Cup of the Week prize from ScrapbookPal.com. Thank you for sponsoring us again ScrapbookPal!

Have a great Thursday!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Mini Blooms - PTI
CARDSTOCK: Tempting Turquoise - SU!; Vintage Cream - PTI
INK: Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo - SU!; Onyx Black Versafine Ink - Tsukineko
OTHER: Pink adhesive rhinestones - Recollections; Ovals small die - Spellbinders Paper Arts

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic colour story and I just adore your beautiful design, it's so perfectly balanced. (Cross my fingers I get a chance to play)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you masked the oval and then added the piped up flowers. Really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Anya, those colours are so funky! Love the sweet floral images.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!