Thursday, February 14, 2013

Play Date Cafe Challenge #169

Good morning, good morning!

It is once again time for the Play Date Cafe to bring you our fabulous color challenge.

Here is this week's color story:


The colors are pink carnation, mint, and juniper. Soft and springy.

Here is the card that I made using this color combination:


I used the Embroidered Bouquet set from Wplus9 to create a card with a soft, vintage look. After stamping the large flower cluster onto my card base in green, I stamped it again in pink onto some scrap. I cut out the flowers and layered them onto my card to add some dimension and bring in another color. The sentiment phrase was built from a few of the words in the set.

I hope you will join us! You can link up your creation over at The Play Date Cafe Blog. You have through Tuesday, February 19th to play along. While you're there, you can check out the Cup of the Week prize from our fabulous challenge sponsor, Simon Says Stamp!

Simon Says Stamp

Thank you for sponsoring us this week, Simon Says Stamp!

Have a super day!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Embroidered Bouquet - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Ballet Slippers - Wplus9; Sage Shadow - SU!; Vintage Cream - PTI
INK: Blushing Bride, Sage Shadow, Marina Mist - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Sewing Machine - Janome; Adhesive pearls

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and card! Makes me long for spring! It's coming right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty!! these flowers look perfect in these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya, LOVE how soft and vintagy your card is. Those flowers are so PRETTY! LOVE the stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!