Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Quilted Heart

Good morning!

I hope your week has been going well. We are forecasted to get some nasty weather this morning... snow is one thing but freezing rain and sleet are another!

Today I am sharing a card that I made using a set from Serendipity Stamps' new spring release called Quilted Hearts. It is a cutie!


I used just the largest heart of the set and paper pieced it with different patterned papers. All are from the My Mind's Eye Nostalgia collection.

I adhered real buttons to the buttons on the image, a little touch that adds some whimsy to the card. A Valentine's sentiment comes with the set, but I opted to leave it off (sometimes I like sentiment-free cards) as I think this would make a fabulous get well card!

I hope you'll check out the rest of the spring release from Serendipity. There is a section on the website for New Stamps & Dies where you will find them all.

Tomorrow I will be back with my weekly Play Date Cafe post as well as this month's Waltzingmouse Blog Party! I'm jam packed this week!

Have a great day!

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Quilted Hearts - Serendipity Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava - SU!; Vintage Cream - PTI
PATTERNED PAPER: Nostalgia - My Mind's Eye
INK: Coffee Archival Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Sewing Machine - Janome; Buttons

1 comment:

  1. Anya this gorgeous! I love the papers you used, I plan on paper piecing this one too, you beat me to it! Your layout and stitching are gorgeous!
    Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!