Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bon Anniversaire

Good morning!

How are you? Thank you all for your kind words about the Play Date Cafe Design Team. I am really excited to get started - next Thursday kicks it off!

As you can see, I've been doing a little blog housekeeping. I was feeling like I wanted things to be more clean and streamlined. I would love to hear your thoughts.. I'll be tweaking things here and there for a few more days, I'm sure.

Today I am popping in (on my way out the door...) to share a birthday card with you.


I based my card on this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.


We are in a round of sketches inspired by Design Team creations, and this one is from the lovely Tosha Leyendekker.

I used the French Country set for this card, starting by stamping the base with the medallion background pattern. Then I stamped the detailed border image onto my diagonal cut piece of cardstock and colored it with Copics. The fancy label and a length of silk ribbon finish it off. I like the curved sentiment on this - I just curved it myself on my acrylic block before stamping and then cut around it. Isn't it nice to have the flexibility to do that with clear stamps?


This card went to my Mom for her birthday last weekend. When I get a chance to pull the pictures from Bill's site, I'll share photos of our celebration at The Wilds.

I hope you'll join us and play along with the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge this week! All the details you need can be found here.

Be sure to stop back tomorrow, the WMS Design Team is participating in a special blog waltz. Hope to see you then!


Recipe
STAMPS: French Country - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Blush Blossom - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
INK: Blush Blossom - Stampin' Up!; Rich Cocoa Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Copic Markers - Imagination International; Silk Ribbon - Papertrey Ink

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Anya! I love the soft, subtle colours and every pretty little detail that you have thought of Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congrats on your new DT gig Anya! Your tag on the post below is just beautiful! love all the popped up pieces - and this anniversary card is just lovely with your pretty coloring on the lace background and the framed flower!

    I like your new blog topper and your clean look! I need to do something different on mine as well! change is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya, your blog looks beautiful! I love the new look - very professional and clean.

    Love your card, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!