Tuesday, May 8, 2012

WMS May Release Blog Waltz

Hello there! Happy release day! Today the three new Waltzingmouse Stamps sets we've been previewing for the past three days will be available for purchase.

You should have arrived here from Laurie's blog. Claire's blog is the start of the waltz, so head back to her if you're just popping in, she has a list of all the Design Team members participating. Tosh will be your next stop after this one.

As usual, Blog Waltz prizes are up for grabs! One winner will be randomly chosen from the comments left on one of the Design Team blogs, so let us know what you think of the new release! You have until Friday, May 11 to leave your comments. Winners will be announced on the WMS Blog on the 12th.

Let's get on with it, shall we? My project for today is a mixed-media canvas, something I've been wanting to do for ages.. especially after seeing the amazing ones that Mona makes!

I have a lot of photos to share, so I'll try and keep the chit-chat to a minimum.


I made a set of four canvases, each 4 by 5 inches, and each featuring a different image from Half Pint Heroines (and one thrown in from HP Heroes because they go so well together). I used products from Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Line from Ranger to prep the canvas, paint them, adhere the patterned paper, and seal them.

These are intended to be displayed together, they tell a little story, and would be ideal for a little girl's bedroom. Here are close-ups of each:




The balloon is my favorite :)


This project was so FUN!  The sentiments of encouragement in this set are so perfect and go so well together that I think this would really be great for a little girl.  I loved working on these and can't wait to create more canvas art.. it was fun to step out of the card zone!

Tosh is your next stop! Enjoy the rest of the waltz!

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Half Pint Heroines, Half Pint Heroes - Waltzingmouse Stamps
PATTERNED PAPER: Collections from Basic Grey (Out of Print, Basics White) and Bo Bunny
INK: Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: Matte Multi-Medium, Gesso, Studio Acrylic Paints - Claudine Hellmuth for Ranger Industries; 4 x 5 Traditional Canvas - Michaels Stores

56 comments:

  1. What a great set of projects! I love the papers you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya, love how you used this new fun set - the canvas's are a brillant idea. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great project Anya! love these story panels - they are perfect for a little ladies wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project! SUCH a neat set for a little girl's room, and you could totally make a little kids book with this set too, what a fun project to do with daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful work! Great job. You have amazing creativity and imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Anya...a great piece of wall decor for any little girl's wall...affirmative and encouraging. Great mixed media look to all of these. A truly brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful use of these stamps! These will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I wanna have a go! My little girls' would adore this, I need to redecorate their room soon this will definitely be on the ideas list. Thank you so much for such an inspiring idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so sweet! I love the canvas art - these would make a treasured gift for any young lady - the words are so empowering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute cards with adorable sentiments. Just tickles the funny bone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really cute cards. The sentiments have me laughing as they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are so inspiring to a young child. a great project. children love to color and paste. Being their own story teller.......hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are incredible! I love your choice of stamps and the backgrounds are great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Anya this is such a cute project! How fun to have this whole set on canvas, just way to smart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an amazing project. What a great idea for using this stamp set. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anya, what cute canvases! These are so sweet and perfect for little ones! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute idea! I have never used canvas, but these look so simple to do that I might just have to try my hand at it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful canvases, I adore the one with the girl in the hot air balloon! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anya,
    Great canvases - I love the way you used the stamps to tell a story. TFS
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are amazing, Anya! What a wonderful gift this would be!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet idea this would be for a little girl's room! What work you did on all those canvases Anya, you really created an amazing group of artwork using the Half Pint Heroines. Wow, I don't know how you think these great ideas up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Any little girl would love to have those on her wall, they're too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohhh....Anya!!!
    I LOVE these! :)
    I want to do these for my girls!!
    They are so incredibly fabulous...
    I just die!
    This release may have been small...
    but y'all packed it so full of inspiration I feel like I can't even take it all in!!
    Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well done, you, for stepping out of your comfort zone and the results were well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fabulous idea just love the canvas art a really useful idea to use your stamps. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs Rizwana xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Seeing how the designers such as yourself have used these makes me wonder about myself. I am amazed at what you do. I would never have put these things together in so many creative ways. I must have missed out on something in the gene pool! Thank goodness you are here to inspire!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a terrific collection of "art"! Woudl make a great addition to any little girl's room!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your set of canvases! Some little girl is going to be thrilled with them.

    Lynn Wild

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great idea! Would have loved these way back when for my daughters room.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow- blown away. What a wonderful gift for all the little ladies in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow what a great idea love them all

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great project. Any little or even a big girl would love this in her room. Your coloring is wonderful.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great idea.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anya, this is great idea. I will do as same as yours and will hang the canvas on the wall of my daughter's room.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Adorable, Anya! They're all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  36. OMG, what fabulous creations! This is such a wonderful way to use the stamps and something any little girl would love for her room!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fun set of canvases! Love these!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great idea! Love the look on the canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh my! What a super fabulous idea - LOVE LOVE LOVE those! I really love how you incorporated the rocket from half pint heroes too - so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Really cute, and so clever!! I'll bet they would be loved by any little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What an awesome ensemble!! I love the whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a lovely idea!! And these are just sooo pretty! Love the colors and I'm also totally in love with these new images!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh my gosh, what a wonderful idea! I love that your canvas series tells a story, and your paper piecing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  44. great idea on turning the set into cute little wall hangings

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love your attention to detail--such lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Absolutely brilliant! I love the colours and paper piecing. Such a pretty set of canvases - my daughter would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  47. These canvases are precious. I know someone who would enjoy these and she is not a young girl but a more mature one (93 years old)

    ReplyDelete
  48. These are so SWEET, Anya! Like something you could pick up at Target :)...that's how good they are! Love the little paper-pieced images!

    ReplyDelete
  49. love those, I may have to commission a set for a certain little girl I know :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!