Thursday, April 26, 2012

Berry Glad


Really, who can get tired of punny little sentiments using the word 'berry'? No, not me.

Strawberry Patch arrived at my house yesterday and I wasted no time. There is something about strawberries that I just love. They remind me of my Mom and my childhood. I'm trying to remember what we had at home that makes me think of those things - I remember a scented strawberry pin cushion. What else was it, Mom? Was there a purse or something? - no it was a leather keychain, wasn't it?

I started by stamping the images on a quarter sheet of cardstock to make some patterned paper (everything looks better as an Instagram).  I set it up on my desk, looked at it and loved it for a while, then cut a strip of this paper for my card.  There is more left, so you will see it again on something else soon.


Pure sweetness. This is one of my favorite card sketches, the vertical strips are always so fun for combining patterns.

I stitched my strips of paper together and adhered them to a Winter Wisteria card base. The sentiment was put together using the Strawberry Patch Sentiments set. The die-cut frame is the new Label Layers 4 die from Wplus9.


I love it, it makes me so happy.  I can't wait to use this set more - I think it is perfect in every way.  It will be great for summer birthdays and will definitely be making an appearance for Mother's Day!

I hope you have a fantastic day, the weekend is almost here!

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Strawberry Patch, Strawberry Patch Sentiments - Papertrey Ink
CARDSTOCK: Winter Wisteria, Lemon Tart - Papertrey Ink; Oatmeal - Wplus9
INK: Smokey Shadow, Lemon Tart - Papertrey Ink; Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Wisteria Wonder - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Linen & Canvas Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Label Layers 4 die - Wplus9; Apron Lace punch - Fiskars; Sewing machine - Janome

2 comments:

  1. Anya - I admire you for jumping right in! You must of had a lightbulb moment - your card turned out beautifully. Love the strawberries! Your stitching is perfect and makes this extra special - like a sprinkle of sugar! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to resist those strawberries Anya... now why did I go and look at your cards today? What a pretty card, love that WPlus9 label too. This is such a happy card, would brighten anyone's day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!