Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Spring

Welcome to Friday, friends!

Do you have any big plans for the weekend? My husband has to work on Saturday so I'm looking at a whole day to myself. Every once in a while, I love to have quiet days like that where I can do as much or as little as I like. I think I'll work on my Project Life and try and get a little design work done. I am up-to-date on PL but have been lazy about photographing it. Maybe I'll do that on Saturday, too :)

Today I thought I'd share my creation for this week's Play Date Cafe Color Challenge. I was on the ball with playing along this week.

I have to admit that I felt like I struggled a bit with this one. Brown and black are usually two colors that I don't mix together. I love them both with cream or white separately, but I feel like they compete with each other. But the PDCC Design Team as well as the players so far really did a great job combining the colors, so goes to show what I know ;)

Here is the card that I made:

I was perusing my stamps and the bird's nest from C'est La Vie jumped out at me right away, so I had my heart set on using that. I stamped it in Coffee Archival Ink onto a Label Layers 2 die cut. The Happy Spring sentiment is from Spring Tags, and looking at it now I wish I would have stamped that in black. I added some shimmer to the eggs in the nest with my Sakura Stardust pen blended with an Aquapainter.

The harlequin pattern is from Heirloom Patterns and the medallion background is from French Country.

The bird was a last minute addition from Birds of a Feather. So what do you think? Are you going to play along with this week's challenge? I can't wait to see if you do.

I hope you have a great weekend - I'm sure I'll pop back in at some point, and I've got some fun news to share on Monday. So I'll see you around!

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: C'est La Vie, Spring Tags - Wplus9; Heirloom Patterns, French Country - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Birds of a Feather - Papertrey Ink
CARDSTOCK: True Black, White - Papertrey Ink
INK: Coffee Archival Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: Label Layers 2 Die - Wplus9; True Black Party Plaid Ribbon, Classic Kraft Button - Papertrey Ink; Stardust Gelly Roll pen - Sakura; Sewing machine - Janome

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the brown and black with the crisp white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful use of these colors!!! Love the nest and ribbon is perfect!!! I'm thinking 'bout this one and hoping I can come up with something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...... This is awesome Anya! I love all the details here - I could look at this one for an hour soaking it all in. Brilliant - everything ties together pefectly. I especially like how you tied it all together - the browns in particular. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, Anya~ great design, love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggled with this color combo too, you did a great job! Those layers are fantastic, and the last minute bird addition is perfect. Thanks for hangin' out with us at The Play Date Cafe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anya this is wonderful! Love the nest and the fun gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool card and great take on the color challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!