Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bonjour!

Good evening, my dears. I hope you are well.

I felt like making a card today. I needed a few days after that packed-to-the-brim Waltzingmouse release.. a mojo recharge.. you never know how long it takes, but today I was ready.

I found this cute little Butterfly Delights die at my LSS this weekend (shopping is a good way to recharge your mojo, did you know that?) and had this idea while trying to fall back to sleep very early this morning.

I die cut the butterflies (all one strip, easy peasy) from Crumb Cake cardstock and then backed the openings with cardstock in colors inspired by this week's Play Date Cafe challenge.

I added some cream in there to help balance it - I love the colors peeking through. The sentiment is from the new French Country set from WMS.

I love Heirloom Patterns, but there is something so delicious about French Country that I think its my favorite of the release.

The WMS Blog Waltz winner was announced on the WMS Blog today, so if you haven't checked you might want to see if you're the lucky winner!

I'm a few weeks behind on my Project Life, but I'm dedicating time to it this week, so look for more of that coming up.

I hope you have a great evening, I'm off to catch up on Downton Abbey!

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: French Country - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Crumb Cake, Soft Sky, Blush Blossom - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
INK: Coffee Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Butterfly Delights Die - Memory Box

11 comments:

  1. I love how the die is one big strip! At first I thought you die cut your card multiple times! So CAS and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya, Perfect interpretation of the inspiration photo. I love the CAS design and the pretty pastel color of the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful take on these colours Anya! Love that die cut butterfly strip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've GOT to check out Downton Abbey! I hear such wonderful things about it.

    Love this card, Anya. Those pastel butterfly cut-outs are wonderful!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Downton Abbey is the best! Anya, gorgeous card! I love the cutout butterflies along with so much beautiful white space.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card-adore the butterflies x

    Kate
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular! What a great use of negative space. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award over at Cardpatterns!! Really pretty card - I have the same die and don't use it nearly enough!! Received my wonderful Heirloom Patterns set yesterday so I look forward to inking that up!! I'm playing catch up on Downton too - missed it when it was on UK TV here x

    ReplyDelete
  8. "while trying to fall back to sleep very early this morning"...Glad to hear I'm not the only one who suffers from this ailment.
    Your card is so CAS lovely. Perfect match of the colors, little flutterbies and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this beautifully simple and colorful card. Nice job on the challenge. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I am not stalking, just looking at your beautiful cards. Love your strip of butterflies. (Love Downton Abby too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!