Friday, January 20, 2012

Miles Apart

Happy Friday, friends.

Rough week - I'm kind of cranky. But the weekend is almost here, so I should cheer up. We are forecasted to get some sleet and snow tonight, so I will be happy to stay inside in my jammies.

Here is a card I made for the Moxie Fab Map to Your Heart Challenge.

The stamp set and coordinating dies are MFT's First Class Friend.

This challenge inspired me to create another project as well. I fell head-over-heels with the map lampshade that Cath featured in her post. I just happened to add an old lamp to my desk that needed a lampshade update, how lucky was that!

I found a lampshade I liked in the As Is section of Ikea for just a few bucks. I knew I was covering it, so the dirt marks on it didn't bother me. Then I tracked down some map paper - I really love the look of the map in the pictures, and wanted to find something similar. Here's the finished product, what do you think?

I think I love it. :) I used the paper I had left over for my card.

Hope your weekend is fab. I think I'll share Project Life Week 2 tomorrow, so I hope you'll stop back.

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: First Class Friend - My Favorite Things
CARDSTOCK: Kraft, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: Et Cetera Collection - Bo Bunny; World Map Wrapping Paper - Cavallini
INK: Onyx Black VersaFine - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Vintage Cream Grosgrain Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; First Class Friend Dienamics - My Favorite Things

12 comments:

  1. I love it! And your card is fabulous. The sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and graphic card, the ribbon treatment is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love the lamp shade, want to do a lamp in a topo map for my motel, and now you've inspired me that it is totally doable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative. Love the lampshade! It caught my husband's eye as well - he just leaned over to my laptop and said "Wow, that's cool."

    Hope you have a lovely weekend. We've had several inches of snow here in Chicagoland, so it will be shoveling for us tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Both of these projects are fab, Anya! Love the card - that frame just completely finishes the project and the new lampshade is divine! I need to recover my bedside lamp and though I'd love to use a similar paper - it just wouldn't suit the room. I have lampshade envy now though. ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both...
    the fabulous card...
    and the fabulous lampshade!! :)
    The way you framed the image on the card...
    I die!
    Just love it!
    And working on my PL...
    hoping I have something next week!
    Stopping today to pick up a couple of things I'm needing ;)
    And enjoy the jammie day...
    they're my fave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lamp shade is gorgeous - love the golden glow it gives off. The card is pretty neat too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous little card ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card with the postage stamp die cut and your lamp is FANTASTIC - beautiful and functional! You got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you just love the IKEA As-is section? I've found all kinds of fun stuff there:)

    Love your card and your lamp shade! Pairing the postage shape with the map is a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE YOUR CARD ANYA, STUNNING AS ALWAYS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Anya! Thanks for linking these up to the Map to Your Heart challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you "mapped" out some time to play along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!