Monday, January 16, 2012

Life is Wonderful

Hello friends. Boy, I've missed you!

I apologize for the quiet blog here.. I am working to get back to posting on a more regular basis. I do have quite a few things lined up to share with you (PL! Week 1 done!), so that's a good start.

Today I want to share my card for this week's Play Date Cafe challenge. I hate feeling like I'm always sneaking in at the last minute with these, but I always reserve time to play over the weekend, so that's my defense :)

Here is this week's color story:

And the card I created based on those rich, beautiful colors:

Always a treat to incorporate metallic colors into a design.. I love the opportunity to do so, even though its not something I think of during my regular design process.

I used the Magical Moments set from Wplus9 for this card, stamping the peacock image in VersaMark ink and heat embossing in gold. I cut this lovely out (such a sucker for bird images) and added some rhinestones to the feathers.. purple and burgundy to go with the challenge colors. I'm a little disappointed in these photos, the colors didn't come out quite as warm as this card is. I kept the majority of the design purple and just brought bits of the other colors in, also added a cream silk ribbon to (hopefully) add some continuity and grounding to the design.

------------

Tomorrow is this month's Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party (you may remember it as the 'Friends of Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz'). The new year has brought a new name along with a new format. The blog party will now be hosted from the WMS Blog using the Inlinkz tool instead of in the forum. I am excited to see this change, as I think it will make this event much easier! You can read more information about tomorrow's WMS Blog Party here on the WMS Blog. This month's theme is Sweet Things - I will be there, and I hope to see you too!

Hope you have a great day, I am so glad that you stopped by!

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Magical Moments - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Royal Velvet, Scarlet Jewel, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
INK: Elegant Eggplant - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; VersaMark - Tsukineko
OTHER: Gold Glitter Paper - 7Gypsies; Filigree Gold Embossing Powder - Stewart Superior; Victorian Lace Border Die, Silk Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Adhesive Rhinestones - Recollections

7 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is beautiful! Love that peacock with his gems. And love the rich colors. Someone will be very lucky to receive this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!
    This is gorgeous!
    Love the bold dramatic colors!
    That embossed peacock is stunning...
    and these colors are perfect for him and his bling!
    Got my PL on Saturday...
    but haven't started yet...
    can't wait to see what you do!
    See you at the Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous use of those colors, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magical Moments couldn't be any more perfect for these colors, Anya! So pretty! And I'm lovin' those gemstone embellishments! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very rich looking; I love the embossed peacock and the way the scallop echo the shape of the feather tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOOOOOOOOW! Gorgeous use of these bold and elegant colors! Love that peacock:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!