Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Boo!

ETA: Oh! Just a quick note about the recipes I posted yesterday. Dorothy C. asked if the cardamom and anise seeds were necessary for the Bundt cake recipe. Dorothy, the first time I made the recipe I didn't have cardamom, so I used pumpkin pie spice (a mix of spices) instead. It gave it a subtle spicy cinnamon flavor and I would not hesitate to use pumpkin pie spice (or something similar, like nutmeg or ginger) again. I am a recipe experimenter - if I don't have something, I either leave it out or substitute something else. So far, that has worked out ok :) I don't like anise either, so I left it out all together and certainly didn't miss it! Enjoy!

Good morning! I am here today to share this week's Serendipity Stamps DT challenge. We were challenged to create a project using something from Serendipity's Halloween stamps combined with floss or twine.

I chose to use the Spider Cling Set so I could create a web out of embroidery floss.

I started by stamping the spider onto my gray cardstock for reference. Then, I lightly sketched in a web with a pencil. I used a paper piercer to poke holes for my stitches, and used embroidery floss and a needle to stitch the web. A second stamped spider cut from scrap gray cardstock was adhered over top with dimensional tape. I added some Stickles to his legs just for fun.

Thanks for stopping by today. Please be sure to visit the other Design Team members playing along today to see their take on this challenge!



Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Spider Cling Set (1226QCL) - Serendipity Stamps
CARDSTOCK: True Black, Soft Stone - Papertrey Ink; Tangerine Tango, Going Gray - Stampin' Up!
PATTERNED PAPER: Glowing Collection - Authentique Paper
INK: Jet Black Archival Ink, Black Soot Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Upper Crest punch - Fiskars; Brushed Pewter Distress Stickles - Ranger Industries; Ecru embroidery floss

6 comments:

  1. super cute web... love how we both made different webs and used that cutie spider!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the web and the cute spider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E! Terrific challenge card Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute Anya! Love the stitched web and darling spider!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is perfect combo of creepy and cute! That fuzzy smiling spider just makes me smile! Of course, you HAD to add stitching as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!