Tuesday, May 17, 2011

You're Too Cool

Good morning, Waltzers! Welcome to the May Friends of WMS Blog Waltz. Today we're creating for the boys!

Here are the details: if you want to waltz along with us and you haven't yet linked up your project, head to the link list thread in the WMS Forum to link up your creation and view the other participants. There is also a thread for chatting about what you've seen. This month a random poster will be chosen from the chat thread to receive a prize.

Masculine cards are one of those things that a lot of crafters struggle with. I am right there with ya! I don't know if it will be any help or not, but when faced with making a guy card, I like to keep a few things in mind: dark colors, simple layout, and office or hardware embellishments. So given that, here's what I came up with.

The grid-lined background was created using Off Beat Backgrounds and was then layered with images from Free Spirit - Boy and Way Out West. The numbers and sentiments are all from Free Spirit - Sentiments. I stamped all my words separately and combined them ransom note-style to create a phrase. Finished it off with some mini staples from the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. Gray and blue is a favorite guy-color combination of mine!

Glad you could stop in today, have fun waltzing!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps: Off Beat Backgrounds", Free Spirit - Boy, Way Out West, Free Spirit - Sentiments - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Going Gray, Bordering Blue - Stampin' Up!; White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Going Gray, Basic Gray, Real Red - Stampin' Up!; Black Soot Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Tiny Attacher - Tim Holtz

20 comments:

  1. Hi Anya, your card turned out really well!! I love that it looks so fun, and you used quite a number of different stamp sets. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Free Spirit set is my of my all time favourites and I love what you've done with this card. Great colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, great message! Love the colors you've used as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool and I love the muted colours. Everything goes so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you created the background on the grey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv the 'ransom note' style. made me chuckle...no, I have never kidnapped any thing!!!! Stolen a few ideas but never kidnapped...The staples are a nice touch for a guy card...think I'll steal that idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine card. Love how you combined so many sets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome way to combine sets for a cool masculine card Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ultra cool Anya!! Love the grid with the Off Beat image and stars!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always inspire me with your background stampin, Anya! One day I hope to mix it up like you do! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anya -
    Dare I say it?? COOL! Love it! This would be perfect for the young men. Love the grey and distressed/random look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool card, love the use of all the different stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great design on this Anya! love the grid, circles and stars bg - super masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every detail on this card is just perfect for a masculine card! You come up with the most creative ideas. I am always blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, great design! Love your background and the way you placed your sentiment--very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. And you are way too cool, woman! I love this card, especially the way that you created the sentiment. And the grid is one of my favorite background stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anya,

    Love your card, the colors and stamps you used are just perfect! I've just ordered the free spirit set, but maybe I should also add the sentiments to my list, hi hi, these are perfect for cards like this and I've seen you use them in lovely cards before! You always inspire me, Anya, I love the cards you create!! Not too much fuzz on them and even sometimes real simple ones, like the one with the square from Free spirit, that one was just perfect to me!! Thanks for sharing all these!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too fun. Love the creative use of the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice masculine feel.. I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the way this card comes together, especially the way the muted blues and greys compliment one another so well (rather than one draining the other!) Great card...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!