Saturday, September 11, 2010

Teeny Trees and WMSC14

So, have you been loving the previews for the five new sets WMS is releasing? I have - our DT is pretty awesome! :)

Today I am combining my previews with our weekly sketch challenge. Here is today's sketch - this is a super one!


And here is my card. I flipped the sketch and used the new Teeny Trees set.

Isn't it perfectly fallish? I can just smell the woodsmoke in the air! This card measures 3-1/2 by 8 inches, and will fit in a business-sized envelope. This conical shape is just one of the many tree options in this set - if you've been following the DT posts, you've seen many more! Endless possibilities with this set (and sketch)!

Here is another creation for you, a cute little mini card.

This card is a three-inch square, a perfect size for tucking into a pocket or lunch box. I used the largest of the branch images only, opting to pass on the leaves. Two cute birdie friends are sitting in the tree. The background pattern was created using one of the 'leaf' images.

My last card for today is something a little different. I was looking at the set and thought what if I put those branches together in a circle? Well.. they make pretty cool snowflakes!

I used today's sketch again, this time oriented vertically. I used the smallest branch from the set and stamped it six times, which makes a snowflake a little more than one inch across. I filled in with some other images from the set (which is *packed* - it contains over 30 different images and 10 different sentiments). Isn't the font fabulous, too?

The sketch challenge will remain open until Thursday, 11:59 EST. You can link up your entry on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog. Top Mice will be announced along with the new sketch next Saturday! Be sure to visit the blog as well as the other DT members!

Claire
Belinda
Bonnie
Carly
Jennifer
Julia
Laurie
Lisa
Lynn
Mona



Hope you enjoyed today's projects. Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Give Thanks Card
Stamps: Teeny Trees - Waltzingmouse Stamps (available September 12)
Cardstock: Summer Sunrise, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Blackbird - My Mind's Eye
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango, Marigold Morning, Early Espresso - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Orange Zest button - Papertrey Ink; linen twine; sewing machine

Friends Always Mini Card
Stamps: Teeny Trees - Waltzingmouse Stamps (available September 12)
Cardstock: White - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Togetherness - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Baja Breeze, Groovy Guava, Soft Suede - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Die-cut lace tags - Martha Stewart Crafts

Glad Tidings Card
Stamps: Stamps: Teeny Trees - Waltzingmouse Stamps (available September 12)
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Vintage Violet - Stampin' Up!; Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Bashful Blue, Vintage Violet, Sahara Sand - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Snowflake Embossing Folder - ProvoCraft; Crinkle ribbon - MemrieMare; vintage button; adhesive rhinestones; sewing machine

18 comments:

  1. Is the lacy circle on the mini card a cricut die? It's adorable as a background for your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiny Trees is definitely my fav set of this release! Love these cards and you are so clever to make those lovely simple snowflakes Anya. And yes its a great font - one I haven't seen before... finally can't wait to get my hands on those little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anya,

    I already thought these trees would be my favorite and now look at that! I also love snowflakes and you can make them with this set! Now it's even more perfect! ;-) What beautiful cards you have made with this again, I'm totally happily surprised, all three cards are soo pretty! The sewing with the three trees, the frame and colors of the second and the snowflake idea and pretty finish of the third, love them!!!

    Hugs,
    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trees make beautiful snowflakes!! That is really creative! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I just adore all three cards! Just so beautifully done and such lovely details like the stitching in the first. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about thinking outside of the box! The snowflakes are inspired. I especially like the first card with the trees and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards Anya! Do you like this set? LOL! Love the ingenuity of the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anya, OH MY GOODNESS these are just so beautiful. I love the fact that you used the tree images to make beautiful snowflakes!! Genius x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - 3 wonderful creations Anya! love the stitching on your trees card - the wonderful lacey die cut framing on your second and the great snowflakes on your third! Way to rock these sets GF!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used the branches to make a snowflake! so creative. your cards are really terrific
    thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful creations Anya, love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful cards Anya! Such a wonderful variety! Such a clever way to create snowflakes with the branches! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sheer and utter genius girl, you have such talent! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, Anya, you threw me for a second with those snowflakes! I was beginning to wonder if I overlooked that stamp in this set! Then I realized you made them with the trees! Genius! (And, yes, it was before I had my morning coffee!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very clever & creative projects. Love the way you used the die on the friends card - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great group of pretty cards, I love that tree set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are adorable. Had to order the set!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!