Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Christmas in July

Good morning!

I am here today with another challenge from Serendipity Stamps!

If you are looking for my Waltzingmouse Stamps new release Blog Waltz post, please scroll down or click here!

Today's challenge was to use one of Serendipity's non-Christmas images to make a Christmas card. I thought it would be fun to use Cheryl's Postcards to make some Christmas mail.

I started by stamping the postcards three times, twice on Riding Hood Red cardstock and once on Rustic White. I embossed each of these in gold, and then cut the individual postcards out and layered them on top of each other.

The patterned paper is from the Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly line. I thought it was a good compliment - not too Christmasy, but it helped to tie everything together. The sentiment is from the Snowbird Cling Set. I masked the bottom portion off and stamped only Merry Christmas - I love getting extra mileage out of my sentiment stamps.

I hope you enjoy! This was a fun challenge - and its never too early to start making Christmas cards!

I am so glad you could stop by today, I really appreciate it. Please be sure to visit the other Design Team members to see their take on the challenge!

Amy
Kathie
Lynda
Jenny (Guest Designer)


Don't forget to check the current contests on the Serendipity Stamps Blog and take some time to sign up for the newsletter (and sale announcements)!

Have a great day!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Cheryl's Postcards, Snowbird Cling Set - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Mellow Moss, Riding Hood Red - Stampin' Up!; Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Play Day from the Jolly By Golly Collection - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Detail Gold Embossing Powder - Stewart Superior; lace trim, sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. Anya, love this --- so classic and your stitching is FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design on this Anya! love the postcards and the colors that you used here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!