Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Serendipity Stamps Sympathy Sketch Challenge

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Today is challenge day over at Serendipity Stamps, and this week we've been challenged to make a sympathy card using the following sketch:

And here is my card:

I knew right away I wanted to use this passage from Ecclesiastes (To Everything - 722E). I think it is a good reminder, especially for a sympathy card.

I stamped just a portion of the Orchid (1158H) stamp in the top corner. I masked the butterfly to keep it from stamping; I just wanted the flowers to sort of curve around the words. The flowers were colored with Copic markers (listed below). I kept the rest of the card simple, keeping the patterned paper low key and tying a small bow. Elegant and pretty, I think!

Thank you for the stop today, now make sure you visit the other Design Team members!


Amy
Kathie
Lynda
Sue



Have a great day!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
To Everything (722E), Orchid (1158H) - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Sweet Blush, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Life's Journey - K&Company
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Sweet Blush Satin Ribbon - Papertrey Ink
Copics: R0000, R00, R20, YG0000, Y21

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! You really hit this one on the head! I have that stamp and hadn't even thought of using it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those orchids are gorgeous, what a beautiful card Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicate, elegant, thought provoking and totally beautiful! I love your subtle colours and the understated DP. GORGEOUS card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! Love the soft color scheme... so pretty and feminine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the orchids. They are so pretty! You also used very nice colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!