Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Serendipity Stamps Memo Pad Challenge

Good morning!

It is Serendipity Stamps challenge day here. This week the Design Team was challenged to decorate a notepad.

I found this notepad at Michaels and liked it immediately because of its fun, bright colors and large size (6 3/4" square). It is labeled a 'mousepad notepad' and was in the $1 bin.

I took inspiration from the design of the notepad - the bold images on the left side, the olive and pink combination, and a flower and butterfly image. Here is how I decorated the cover using one of the new sets released by Serendipity, the Sweet Pea Cling Set.

Remember, you can always click the picture for a larger view.

I love to use Serendipity's stamps to create a collage image - I stamped some of the other sentiments and images I have all over the paper. I usually ink up the stamp and stamp it off once or twice on scrap paper before I actually stamp it on my project. If it is uneven or crooked I think it just adds to the overall vintage feel to it :) After I had most of the background stamped, I stamped the Sweet Pea image a few times. I masked the butterfly so that I only stamped that image once. I highlighted the sweet peas with Copic markers, not really going for a perfectly colored image but more of a color wash type look. I stamped the butterfly on a piece of scrap, colored it, cut it out, and added it to the notebook with foam dimensionals. I tied a piece of silk ribbon around the front and added the sentiment.

Isn't it pretty? I was really pleased with the way it turned out - Serendipity's stamps are so elegant and perfect for this look. I hope you like it!

I am so glad you could stop by today, check out the other DT members, too!

Amy
Jennifer
Kathie
Lynda



Have a great day!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Sweet Pea Cling Set - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Ripe Avocado, Sweet Blush, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento - Tsukineko; Victorian Velvet, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Silk ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Pinking blade for rotary paper trimmer - Fiskars; Notebook - Michaels; Copic markers; sewing machine

8 comments:

  1. WOW! This is gorgeous! I love the stamps you've chosen (so elegant and lovely) and the size and shape is super too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! I love how you matched up inside and outside! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is simply stunning! I would love to have that note pad sitting on my desk! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so very pretty. love the soft colors you used

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your notebook is so sweet and pretty! I love the shape of it and the distressed look is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely GORGEOUS Anya! What a great job you did! I can see why you love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely Anya. I love everything about your design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super beautiful. I love the softness of it, and the sentiment is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!