Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rosy - CPS 114

Hi guys :)

I have a cold today, so I'm going to keep it short. All I want to do is take a nap. Today's card is for CPS 114. Here was the sketch:



And here's what I came up with:


This stamp set is called Cottage Rose from Stampin' Up!. It has been retired for years, but I love it. It looks suspiciously like A Rose is A Rose...

The card base is Kraft. I layered a piece of Vintage Cream that had been stamped with my new Fiskars Effervescence border punch. The patterned paper is Scenic Route Sonoma. I used my circle Nestabilities to cut out a Vintage Cream and Riding Hood Red circle. I pierced and distressed.

The rose was stamped first with Pink Pirouette and then Riding Hood Red. The leaves are Kiwi Kiss and Old Olive. Everything is inked with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress ink. I love the look it gives images like this. The cream satin ribbon is from Club Wedd at Target. The button is from PTI and the tag is a Cuttlebug die. Instead of a sentiment, I thought I'd add a little heart - that says volumes, doesn't it?

Thanks for stopping by! I'm storing up some energy to start another project tonight. I'm thinking I'll watch the hockey game and cut out some flowers. I'm making my mother-in-law a flower pot photo holder for Mother's Day - I'll share photos! Take care!

-Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Cottage Rose - Stampin' Up!; Around and About Sentiments (heart) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Kraft, Riding Hood Red - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Scenic Route Sonoma
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Fiskars Effervescence border punch; Circle nestabilities; Cuttlebug tag die; Ribbon - Target Club Wedd; Vintage Cream button - Papertrey Ink; Linen thread - Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!